|Date: 17 November 2013, 22 November 2013 (beta)|
|Size (1.7): 9.80 MB (32-bit), 10.57 MB (x64)|
|Size (beta): 9.81 MB (32-bit), 10.63 MB (x64)|
|Media Player Classic Home Cinema HomePage|
|Download Media Player Classic Home Cinema 32-bit from The First Pick
|Download Media Player Classic Home Cinema x64 from The First Pick
|Download Media Player Classic Home Cinema beta 32-bit from The First Pick|
|Download Media Player Classic Home Cinema beta x64 from The First Pick|
|Note: Extremely light-weight media player for Windows...|
|Editor's Rating: 5/5|
Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.7 is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It looks just like Windows Media Player v6.4, but has many additional features. You can use the player as a Media Player Classic Home Theater.
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Player Features
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Better support for Windows Vista, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 - BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema allows you to enhance, decode and accelerate a broad span of movie formats like x.264 with GPU assisted acceleration and image quality enhancing. The WMP Classic Home Cinema player does not require many system resources than the rest of the video media players to run smoothly. This is a low PC resources windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically. MPC-HC includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264 and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
(Media Player Classic Home Cinema version 1.7.1)
- Ticket #2655, Internal filters: Support WMV/ASF/DVR-MS splitting
- Ticket #3548, Add British English translation
- Ticket #3590, Internal filters: Support for HEVC and VP9
- Ticket #3605, Support playlists using UTF8 encoding without BOM
- Ticket #3643, Add Slovenian translation
- Ticket #3569/#3679/#3680, Disable internal WMV/ASF/DVR-MS splitting and WMV decoding by default since Microsoft filters are generally more stable
- LAV Filters to 0.59.1.26:
- Ticket #3576, LAV Video: Support H264 Annex B format in MP4 files
- Ticket #3601, LAV Video: Fix a crash with DXVA on AMD cards when stopping playback
- Ticket #3676, LAV Audio: Fix a crash when using old versions of the ArcSoft DTS Decoder to handle DTS decoding internally
- Ticket #3688, LAV Audio: Fix a freeze when changing the bitstreaming settings when paused
- VirtualDub to v1.10.4
- Unrar to v126.96.36.199
- Little CMS to v2.6b (git 69ecafd)
- French, German, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil) and Simplified Chinese translations
- DVD: The chapter marks could be wrong for some titles
- Ticket #1478, Slightly improve the precision of the frame number in the "Go To" dialog. The frame number was sometimes off by 1. This was easily noticeable when doing frame-stepping
- Ticket #1555, Use elapsed/remaining time for the chapter change OSD depending on what is selected for the time display. Also prevent the OSD from blinking when changing the chapter
- Ticket #3518:trac:, Improve the reliability of the [DXVA] indicator in the status bar. Sometimes the indicator wasn't shown when hardware acceleration was used
- Ticket #3523/#3533/#3551, Improve the stability of MPC-HC on buggy systems
- Ticket #3530, Internal LAV Splitter: the advanced subtitle selection modes were ignored
- Ticket #3564, If "Keep history of recently opened file" option was enabled, MPC-HC crashed when opening very long URLs
- Ticket #3672, "Output" property page: "Shader" and "Rotation" were sometimes wrongly displayed as unavailable for "Sync renderer"
- Ticket #3702, External audio was not synced on open if restarting from the last remembered position
- Ticket #3720, DVB: Obey the Auto-zoom option when opening a channel
Download older versions from The First Pick:
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema 188.8.131.5258 32-bit
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema 184.108.40.20658 x64
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema 220.127.116.1117 32-bit
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema 18.104.22.16817 x64