|Date: 24 August 2012|
|Size: 20.42 MB|
|Note: A free audio editor that can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files, and more...|
|Editor's Rating: 5/5|
Audacity 2.0 is a free audio editor that can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files, and more. Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy, and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks, or apply effects to your recordings. It also has a built-in amplitude envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode, and a frequency analysis window for audio analysis applications. Built-in effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.
(Audacity version 2.0.2)
- "Retain labels" Interface Preference did not retain labels for a region that snapped exactly to both label edges.
- Projects did not save the track selected state.
- (OS X, Linux) Timer Record: Interlinking of the Start, End and Duration controls was broken.
- (Windows) JAWS screen-reader did not read the "Draw curves" and "Graphic EQ" radio buttons in Equalization correctly.
Envelopes and Clips
- Exporting (or any render operation) on a track containing split lines could create clicks at the split lines.
Effects and Analysis
- Normalize could crash if the track name contained "%".
Changes and Improvements
- Duration controls when generating at a point now default to hh:mm:ss + milliseconds format. Selection Toolbar also defaults to that format on first installation or resetting preferences.
- Toolbars visual improvements:
- - "Snap To" in Selection Toolbar now has an explanatory tooltip
- - Device Toolbar tooltips now display the selected device
- - Increased default width of Device Toolbar and Meter Toolbar.
- Improvements and some bug fixes to Nyquist effects, including:
- - Delay (new option to prevent duration change)
- - Sample Data Export (new "L-R on Same Line" layout option)
- - Risset Drum (new "Amplitude" slider).
- Importing a labels file writes the file name to the name of the Label Track, and exporting a labels file offers the name of the last Label Track in the project.
- Removed the "Audio cache" option from Directories Preferences due to frequent crash reports. All data operations will now be written to disk and not to RAM.
- Removed the FFmpeg "On-Demand" option from Libraries Preferences (this fixes Audacity not building if configured --without-ffmpeg).
- Compilation: Progress on making the Modules feature mainstream. Modules can now be individually enabled and disabled in Preferences.